Private Tours AvailableGuided tours of the mansion or museum are available to groups of 8 or more by advance appointment. Contact us for details or to make a reservation at 302-239-2385 or admin@AuburnHeights.org.
Click HERE to enter Amazon site, and we get a small percentage!
|Join Our Mailing List|
Public Days at Auburn Heights
Join us for these fun-filled days celebrating local history and life at the dawn of the automotive age. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Sorry, no pets except service dogs. Questions about our Public Days? Give us a call (302) 239-2385 or send us an Email for more information.
Note: We never let a little drizzle dampen our spirits, so all events are rain or shine and no reservations are needed. In the event of especially inclement weather, you may call the Friends of Auburn Heights office at (302) 239-2385 for a recorded message that will indicate any change in regular plans.
Open House Tours
From April through November, we offer Open House Tour Days, when private tours of the Mansion or Museum are available without any minimum group size restrictions. No rides are offered, but visitors enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at the Auburn Heights estate. Registration is required (so we can schedule guides appropriately). This year’s schedule includes Open House Tour Days on the First Fridays and Third Saturdays of each month:
- Friday, April 5, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, April 3
- Saturday, April 20, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, April 17
- Friday, May 3, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, May 1
- Saturday, May 18, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, May 15
- Friday, June 7, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, June 5
- Saturday, June 15, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, June 12
- Friday, July 5, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, July 3
- Saturday, July 20, 1 pm or 2 pm; registration required by Wed, July 17
Open House Tour Prices: Tour tickets are $7/person for either the Mansion or Museum — or tour both for the discounted price of $12/person (a savings of $2 per person). For questions or to schedule a visit, call (302) 239-2385 or e-mail admin@AuburnHeights.org. Registration is required at least two days in advance.
Thank you to our 2013 Steamin’ Day Season Sponsor:
First Sunday of the month, June through November, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
- Sunday, June 2; Featuring a science activity by Science Explorers!
- Sunday, July 7
- Sunday, August 4
- Sunday, September 1
- Sunday, October 6
- Sunday, November 3
Don’t miss these exciting days filled with old-fashioned fun for the whole family. Included with all admission options:
- Fresh steam-popped popcorn from our vintage popper
- A Firing Up Demonstration, to see how we set a Stanley in motion
- Entry to the Marshall Steam Museum, featuring the world’s largest operating collection of Stanley steam cars plus a 1930s working Lionel electric trains display, a hands-on engine display, kids activities, and exhibits
- Museum Gift Shop
Tours of the antique-furnished Auburn Heights mansion, which dates to 1897, are also available, along with rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad and in select antique automobiles from the Marshall Collection.
STEAMIN’ DAY ADMISSION:
Rides Ticket includes 4 rides in the antique autos or Auburn Valley Railroad: $10 ages 13 and up, $7 ages 2–12 (under 2 free)
Mansion Ticket includes tour of two floors of Auburn Heights: $12 all ages.
Combo Ticket covers it all, rides and mansion: $18 ages 13 and up, $15 ages 2–12 (under 2 free).
Group Rates: Discounts available for groups of 20 or more when booked in advance. For group inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the Easter Egg Hunt and Steamin’ Day events, be sure to join us for our two Saturday Steamin’ Holidays:
- NEW Steamin’ Halloween, Saturday, October 26, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
- Steamin’ Thanksgiving, Saturday, November 30, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
Same admission rates apply as for Steamin’ Days.
Auburn Heights Invitational
Save the date for our Auburn Heights Invitational Historic Automobile Display!
- Saturday, September 28, 12:30 to 4:30 pm
Stay tuned for details, or check out details from last year’s event here.
Interested in Sponsoring an Event?
At the Marshall Steam Museum, we are pleased to offer sponsorship packages that present corporate partners and individuals with unique opportunities to support our mission and educational efforts. Each package includes exclusive presenting sponsor recognition and marketing exposure in addition to admission tickets and entertainment options. We welcome your inquiries and your ideas.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information!
Enjoy photos from past events.